We want to give a head start to your career success. Together with Suncor, Syncrude offers great programs for students just launching their careers. We bring in students from all over Canada for enriching work terms and summer positions, into a variety of disciplines.
Student work terms
We have three student intakes per year for co-op positions, in January, May and September, for work terms of four, eight or 12 months. We also offer summer positions between May and September in fields related to your school studies.
- January/February: for May intake and summer positions
- May/June: for September intake
- Sept/Oct: for January intake
Postings are also available at your campus Co-op office and campus student employment centre.
Our students enjoy a wide range of benefits including:
- Competitive salary
- Strong mentorship in a great work environment
- 16 annual days off, pro-rated from your first day of work to your end date.*
- Free transportation from/to your educational institution **
- Free transportation to/from Mildred Lake/Aurora work sites
* Depends on shift team assignment
** Fort McMurray only
Other workplace experience programs
- Career Prep: Includes Grades 11 and 12 internships, as well as educator internships
- Work Experience: Paid and Unpaid work experience opportunities for apprentices, operators and post-secondary students
- Take Our Kids to Work Day: One-day job shadowing for Grade 9 students